SANTA ANA, Calif., May 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Ingram Micro Inc., (NYSE:IM)
the world's leading wholesale distributor of technology products and services, announced today that it has appointed Dianna G. Munro, 49, to vice president, strategic marketing, a newly-created position. She is based in Santa Ana, Calif. at the company's worldwide corporate headquarters.
Munro reports to Douglas R. Antone, senior vice president, Ingram Micro. She will oversee the marketing of company programs and services in the marketplace, including:
* Frameworks(TM), Total Integration Services, Ingram Micro's global channel assembly initiative;
* Small- to midsize-business, including VentureTech Network(TM), a membership-based network of resellers that service the SMB market;
* Global Customer Information Services, which develops, implements and maintains electronic tools and services for the company's customers;
* Government and Education Division, which provides a wide range of services to assist resellers in selling to the government and education markets; and
* Global business development and services, including the Ingram Systems Group (ISG), a global membership-based network of systems resellers.
Said Antone, "As our role continues to expand in the global supply chain of computer products, it is clear that our vendors and reseller partners are looking for us to increase our presence and visibility. To this end, we've developed an exciting line-up of programs and services that our partners want to leverage to help grow their presence in specialty markets.
"The strategic marketing department will drive this effort for Ingram Micro on a global basis. Diana brings a wealth of marketing and sales experience in the technology industry. Her background is a perfect fit to our needs, and I am excited she has joined our executive team," he said.
Munro brings to the company more than 20 years of experience with Xerox Corporation where she worked in domestic and international marketing and sales. She most recently served as vice president, marketing and market development for Lake Forest, Ill.-based Moore North America Business Systems, a business systems and print management manufacturer.
Munro holds a bachelor of science degree in business education and a master's in business administration with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Texas.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM)
, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., is the world's leading wholesale distributor of technology products and services, and a leading provider of assembly and integration services, with 1997 sales of more than $16.5 billion. The company and its affiliates operate in 31 countries, distributing more than 145,000 products to more than 100,000 resellers in 120 countries. Ingram Micro can be found at http://www.ingrammicro.com/.
Ingram Micro is a trademark used under license by Ingram Micro Inc. All other logos, brand names and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Source: Ingram Micro Inc.
Contact: Cindy Ragland, Media Relations of Ingram Micro Inc.,